Lamprophony
Welcome to Lamprophony,
Register to have full activation of the board ...

Enjoy your Time
[Lamprophony Staff]

HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in
Welcome to our forums!->BE ACTIVE AND RESPECT OTHERS!

Share | 

Another federal election? Another $300 million?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
orangegreendaysuite
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 61
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Another federal election? Another $300 million?   Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:27 am

An Update on the Canadian Governement

Are you ready for a lesson in Social Studies?

I don't know if any of you heard about this, or not. But over the weekend, the Canadian polictical parties: Liberals, N.D.P., and the Bloc have formed a coalition against the Conservatives. Today in Social Studies, we spent an hour debating on this.

Since the Conservatives have not kept their promise

How this will turn out depends on our Governor General's ( Michaelle Jean) desicion. Now, as many people know, the role of a Governor Gen. is very symbolic. Whoever is Gov. Gen. represents Queen Elizabeth, goes around the world promoting Canada (pshh who needs to promote CANADA?), kissing babies, and saying yes to pretty much what the government tells him/her.

Michaelle was just in a European tour when she recieved this news. Her probable reaction: "WHAT?! I'M ON VACATION!!!!" Usually Gov Gens dont have heavy responsibilities like this (see above ;P), so the fate of our country may rely on her (BAHA GOOD THING I'M NOT YOU!!).

1. Give Stephen Harper a recess (a break from Parliament; no more meetings until the middle of Janruary).

2. Go for a vote of non-confidence/new federal election.

3. Grant the coalition power.

Now lets explore the pros and cons of each of these, shall we? =P

1. Um hmm let's see. This gives Stephen Harper some time to formulate a plan or a budget to prove to the other parties (and Canada) that he and the party can properly run our Country. Well. This is coming from the man who used to wear lipstick. Anyway. Too some of us, we can percieve this as Stephen Harper running away. This makes perfect sense. How would you feel if your leader of the country ran away from a fight? Ummm, unsafe? I mean, he picked this fight...and he's running away?????

2. Okay. A federal election costs 300 MILLION DOLLARS. Oh and guess what? We just had a federal election 5 weeks ago. Who spends half a billion dollars in a couple of months? we're also in a kind of economic crisis right now. and who knows, we may end up with the conservitives in power again, and still with a minority government. so then we might be back where we started. fun, huh?

3. If we do this, than our government really is a democratic government then, is it? Plus, we don't know their motives how they want to run our country, and if they will get along in the long run. They also have very different ideas. Bloc wants to separate Quebec from Canada (cheerful, I know). And the Liberals want Stephane Dion to run as Prime Minister. a couple of weeks ago, they wanted to kick him out of the party. O_o

This whole thing is confusing
What would you do if you were governor general?
Any one has any insights?
My insight: it's amazing how a 13 yr old acutally takes the time to right this stuff down during social class XD

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 253
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Another federal election? Another $300 million?   Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:13 pm

the pay and pay more that it desrves

Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 61
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Another federal election? Another $300 million?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:05 am

some people are really deep here, eh?
XD
just kidding
yes yes
i hope Stephen Harper will stay as Prime Minister
Back in grade 6 I used to call him the guy who wears lipstick XD

Founder
Founder

Male
Number of posts : 253
Warnings :
0 / 1000 / 100

Registration date : 2007-11-19

PostSubject: Re: Another federal election? Another $300 million?   Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:06 pm

Quote :
Back in grade 6 I used to call him the guy who wears lipstick

LooooooooooooL

PostSubject: Re: Another federal election? Another $300 million?   

Back to top Go down

Another federal election? Another $300 million?
Page 1 of 1